Mother Humiliated for Breastfeeding by Marshalls’ Employee

2015-09-13 08.03.07

Yesterday, Karina Gomez, was humiliated by an employee at the Marshalls department store. When found breastfeeding, she was denied her right to breastfeed in public and not only was she directed away from nursing in the store, but she was also denied the opportunity to breastfeed in a dressing room. She was directed, my friends, to the restroom!

Below is her Facebook post directly to the Marshalls Facebook page. What a shame that she was treated so horribly. Marshalls corporate office needs to contact the Breastfeeding Welcome Here program to get their employees educated about the state laws and about what to say and what NOT to say to a breastfeeding mother.

Only a few months ago Target® released their breastfeeding policy stating that if employees encounter a mother nursing her child, “DO NOT APPROACH HER.” I hope to see more stores take on this type of policy in the very near future.

#NORMALIZEBREASTFEEDING

#NormalizeBfing

PicsArt_1442156919246

Comments
  1. Jenni says:

Beautiful photos! As a NICU nurse I too see these differences in breast feeding rates first hand. We encourage and support moms with providing milk for their babies and are even a donor milk drop off point. Thanks for raising awareness and trying to increase rates for all babies 🙂

2. beautiful ladies and beautiful babies!

3. Susan Jones says:

Love, love, love! Ladies, you are beautiful! Thank you for sharing your journey!

4. Marisa says:

Happy tears. These pictures are beautiful. I’m so glad I was able to have this experience. I wish I had taken more pictures though!!

5. Susan says:

I loved the woman feeding her twins at once…I have twins and it brought back memories. I have never seen a twin momma feeding her babies.

6. Beautiful images…they bring back memories of that special bonding time with each of my five children when they were babies

7. Latista says:

Awesome pictures, loved the one of the mom sitting in the middle of the floor in a public spot. When breastfeeding,sometimes you have to just stop ” life” and nourish your baby no matter where you are. Thanks for sharing and educating our world. Sincerely a breastfeeding mom to my fifth child who is almost 2! (:

8. ELIZABETH says:

Go ahead feed those babies the God designed milk that prevents allergies& helps them reach their full potential. Blessings

Any thoughts?